09 10

grey

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Yard Sale Find

This past Saturday I did something I normally don't do: A. I got up at 6:30 and B. I went to yard sales! I found this vase (for only $3) and thought it would look great in our living room because we have green accents all around. The only problem was that it was more of a sage green and the greens I use are brighter.

The first thing I thought of was SPRAY PAINT (Thank you Amanda! Check out her blog). So I headed to Lowe's and found the same color green as my accent pillows!


I also bought primer because being a rookie at spray painting, I wasn't sure if I would need it. So 1st step was priming the beaut:

Then I turned the vase upside down to start applying the pretty green!


And here is the finished product, I couldn't believe how exact the color was to my pillows (I already had the reeds to go inside):


No comments: