09 10

grey

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Silhouettes


I have really been into silhouettes lately. I actually remember doing one in grade school a loooong time ago! So here goes my silhouette project.

I started with profile pictures of both of us and printed them out. I then cut each of us out. I tired my silhouette with my hair down and then up, it turned out much better in a bun.


I then ventured to A.C. Moore to get black card stock and traced our silhouettes onto the card stock with a pencil. Then came the cutting (I am not so good at that :) But I was pleased at how they turned out!


Next was finding the perfect oval frame to display the silhouette in our bedroom to add a little vintage flair. When I am pleased with a project, I tend to get carried away. I tried creating silhouettes for Penelope and Esme but their faces are too flat :) It looked like a ball of fur. Anyway, after searching and searching the DAV pulled through for me and I found an oval frame for $4.

And here is the finished look: