09 10

grey

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Moss Wreath

I have been on a hunt for a wreath for my front door, something simple and springy. Just in time a post popped up from Amanda Carver Designs and her post was brilliant (as always). It was a moss wreath {you can see her's here}! So I went to Michael's and purchased a foam wreath and a package of moss. I had to cut the moss to fit it around the wreath form and used a hot glue gun to attach it. Once I was finished I looked around the house for something to hang it. I had a ton of this raffia left over from Christmas, so it worked perfect.


And here is my moss wreath on my front door. I love how the green pops against the red :)




2 comments:

Amanda Carver said...

Looks awesome! Thanks for the shout out! =)

Shanna Watson said...

Hey Ashley-

This is Shanna (Pruitt) Watson...Evelyn & Don Thorne's granddaughter...anyway u get the picture, lol. I'm a big fan of your blog...I have to say DIY blogs & Pinterest are my addictions. I've got my material's to make a moss "W" (a paper mache letter which took me 4ever to find!!) to hang on my front door (my door is black). Just wanted to drop you a line and congrats on the blog!!