09 10

grey

Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Eggs

Every Easter my hometown has a yummy tradition. Almost every family is busy making 'Easter Eggs'. Some people even make them and sell them! So I want to share with you our tradition. Below are the ingredients:
  • 2 sticks of unsalted butter
  • 8 0z. block of cream cheese
  • 3 lbs. of powdered sugar {or '10x sugar' as we call it back home}
  • Nestle Milk Chocolate Chips {usually takes two bags}
  • Wax {I usually skip this because I like my chocolate to be thicker}
  • Your favorite mix-ins {peanut butter, coconut, nuts, cherries}

Mix together butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together in a mixer. Below are eggs that have no mix-ins, they are buttercream eggs.

*warning: if you are using a hand mixer be careful -- it is not powerful enough for the dough and a lot of times will break your mixer.


Our second flavor is peanut butter. But you can add anything to these babies -- coconut, nuts, cherries...get creative! Once you have shaped all your eggs, put them in the refrigerator for an hour.


Once your eggs have been refrigerated for an hour, then you can melt your chocolate chips. Dip your flavored egg {this one happens to be buttercream} into the melted milk chocolate chips and cover the egg.

Once every egg is covered w/ chocolate, put them back in the refrigerator to let the chocolate harden.

And there you go. A super easy, yummy Easter treat! Enjoy with a cup of coffee or if you don't drink coffee {like my husband}, a glass of milk! I wanted to post this post earlier this week but have been so darn busy -- it's not too late to make these for your family!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I don't want to make them (you know me!), but I'll take one of yours!! I'll do a buttercream one with coffee and a peanut butter one with milk:-))

two birds said...

wow, these sound so delicious!