09 10

grey

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Scrapbook of Years

For Valentine's Day Joseph told me not to give him anything. He says it's a girl holiday. Of course I wanted to do something, so this year I went with sentiment.  I decided to make a scrapbook and each page would highlight that year of marriage. So I put together years 1-5 with highlights and pictures of each year. The best part, I get to add to this each year!


The opening page was a picture of our wedding day with the date.



Years 1 and 2:
Some highlights of year 1 and 2 -- We went to Savannah GA and Myrtle Beach on our honeymoon, moved to Lynchburg in July '06, visited DC and NYC, bought our 1st puppy, and bought my 1st car.


Years 3 and 4:
 Highlights of year 3 and 4 -- Went to NYC, visited the Luray Caverns with my parents, I graduated college, went to Atlanta GA and NYC...again, bought our 2nd puppy, and bought our 1st home!


Year 5
(I might have to add to this page since we still have 4 more months left in year 5)
Highlights of year 5: Went to Miami, Key West, & Nashville, I saw Taylor Swift in concert, went to the Melting Pot for my 23rd, completed our 1st big home project.


Here is a close up of the highlights that were listed at the bottom of each page -- nothing fancy. I really had to rack my brain for the earlier years, thank goodness for Facebook!


 Again it wasn't anything fancy and I tried to keep it simple since it was for a guy. Joseph said it was one of the best gifts I've given. That made me smile :)

3 comments:

Shanna Watson said...

Great idea & it's something you both will enjoy over the years!

Susan said...

Tell Joseph that V-day isn't just a girl holiday...they def benefit as well! ;O) Love the album!!

Ashley Eskridge said...

lol! That's what I tell him! I know he secretly enjoys it ;)