09 10

grey

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day Extravaganza

This post is a little late but I've been busy since Valentine's Day. So here is a highlight of our Valentine's Day. Since we work 12-9 (and yes, that is 9p.m.) during the week, we had to space out our celebrations. Saturday night we saw The Vow.


It was great and I recommend it! Crazy to think that this movie was based off of a real couple.

Sunday I made Red Velvet Cupcakes and even Joe decided to take a try at frosting a few cupcakes!


It was my first time using my Pampered Chef Decorator and it was fun!


I always make my Nan's recipe because it sooo good! I call it semi-homemade:

For the cake:
Yellow Cake mix 
1 pkg of Dream Whip
2 bottles of Red Food Coloring
1/4 cup Oil
Vanilla Pudding (not instant)
1 cup of Water
3 Eggs
*Just mix everything together

For the Icing:
3 blocks of Butter (yes I know, 3!)
2/3 cup of Sugar
4 tbs. Flour
1 cup of Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla

*Cook flour and milk on the stove until it forms into dough, then place in the refrigerator until cool. Mix together butter and sugar. Add in the flour/milk mixture. Add vanilla.

Valentine's Day morning I made these yummy French Breakfast Muffins. It was great because I had all the ingredients at home and it was very simple. You can find the recipe here.



We even got into the Valentine's spirit at work by making cute bags for Valentines. Here is mine:


And everyone really got into it. Look at all my Valentines!


This was one of my faves! "Glad we work at the same school" with Swedish Fish.



Hope you had a great day with the ones you love! 

<3<3<3<3<3
xoxo

2 comments:

Kara said...

And no tat pics yet?! You need an ink buddy I think, so whenever you're ready.... :))

Susan said...

I <3 Valentine's Day...looks like you had fun celebrating it! Your cupcakes look professional...I'm stealing Nan's recipe! :O)