09 10

grey

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Joseph's 29th Birthday

If you know anything about my family you know we love birthdays. It was my favorite holiday growing up because my whole family would get together and cook up tons of delicious food and then have a big celebration. This is one tradition I new I would carry on and quickly got Joe on board too. Joe's birthday was on a Wednesday this year but we started celebrating last weekend. We celebrate all week anyway in this family, and I'm fine with that!

Saturday morning I created this little masterpiece (Joe thought it was anyway!). Joseph loves Krispy Kreme donuts, so why not have a donut cake?! It worked out perfectly because National Donut Day was the day before -- 2 great reasons to have donuts!  


We spent Sunday afternoon relaxing at Ivy Lake. It's one of our favorite summer spots in the Burg.


Enjoying his free birthday Starbucks!


The night of his birthday we ate dinner at one of his favorite local pizza places -- Rivermont Pizza.


After dinner we had a yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.


My glasses were popular :)


And the night ended with gifts...Joe has been wanting a Denali North Face for forever and he finally got one and Sperry's too. I always love when he actually asks for gifts because he never does, so a lot of times it's a guessing game.
{side note: i love washi tape}


And Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there. I am so thankful for my dad and how involved he was in my life. He was a hard worker and made sure I had everything I ever wanted but made time for tea parties, taking me to the zoo, and special dad/daughter dates pulling up crab pots (saving turtles) in Nars! I still cherish those memories today!


1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com