09 10

grey

Monday, July 22, 2013

Recipe Wins!

First of all let me say, I hate cooking. I'm more of a baker, I love it and wish I had more time to create yummy baked goodness. Joseph is definitely more of the dinner person in this family and he's good at it. He isn't afraid to try new recipes. We don't experiment a lot during the week, so the weekend is our time to try new concoctions. Which leads me to our first weekend win -- Giada's Cheesy Muffin Pizzas. We used sausage as our meat but you can use anything. Or skip the meat and just fill it with different kinds of cheese. We did add a little bit of pizza sauce to the top of the baked muffins because we like things saucy (no pun intended HA!)...But in all seriousness we really do love extra. 


The second win was a Rustic Blackberry Tart that I found on Pinterest. We hit a crazy good deal at the Farmer's Market -- buy 3 pints of blackberries, get the 4th free. Then the lady added in a 5th because "it was a hot day"-- score! This tart was so simple and I had all the ingredients on hand, I love when that happens!


The picture below is with a two slices gone. I was so excited to try it, I forgot to take a picture of the whole tart, oops!

{recipe here -- don't forget to try it a la mode}

From my kitchen to yours, enjoy!

No comments: