09 10

grey

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Never Forget

We all remember where we were. I was in the 8th grade; computer class was coming up and we were all itching for that period to come so we could look at all the information coming in. That day was a blur.

 
Even though I didn't personally know someone, my heart still aches. It aches to think of how many lives were lost that day. It aches for the thousands of men, women, and children who lost loved ones that day. It aches for America. It aches to think we are still at war today.
 
But then I have a feeling of great pride. Pride for my country. Pride when everyone came together and everyone was family. Pride thinking of the men and women who risk it all every day, so we can be the land of the free and home of the brave. Pride in being an American.

No comments: