09 10

grey

Monday, March 17, 2014

14 Weeks

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
First of all I can't believe how fast these weeks are flying by. From the beginning I said I didn't want to rush this pregnancy. I want it to take it's time, I want to enjoy it, I want to relax, and I want to spend a lot of time with Joseph -- traveling and going on spontaneous dates. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune come July and August, haha.


We have started thinking about what we want for the nursery. We've decided against a theme. It will be a fun whimsical nursery with white furniture. We will decide more on colors once we know boy or girl. We have a list compiled of boy and girl names that we really like. But again, we will focus more on that once we know the gender. Oh! And the Babymoon is in the works, we are thinking about a nice relaxing week at the beach (probably Florida). And I'm pretty sure that will win. I mean come on, a relaxing week at the beach. Sold.


How far along: 14 Weeks
Gender: I talked to my doctor and she said that appointment will be scheduled between 20-22 weeks. 
Weight Gain: Back to only 1 lb.
Maternity clothes: No.
Stretch marks: No.
Belly button in or out: In.
Sleep: Sleeping good.
Best moment of the week: We added a couple to our small group and we "clicked" really well. So that was exciting. Definitely looking forward to getting to know them better.
Miss anything: Not really.
Movement: No.
Cravings: I love cereal and have up to two bowls a day.
Queasy or sick: It's basically nonexistent at this point. 
Looking forward to: I've been planning a military family day and it's this week. So that's always fun.
-------------------------------
Also I thought I'd add in the two most commonly asked questions:
1. Where you trying or was this an oops?
Why do people ask this?? Honestly, it's none of your dang business. I simply reply with: "you realize how long we've been married right? Yes, this was planned."
2. Have you bought any maternity clothes?
And I reply with: "No. I've gained 1 pound, I don't need maternity clothes yet." And then to make people feel super awkward I say, "Why, do I look like I need maternity clothes?!" Yup I'm that person haha.

So random but I seriously get asked these questions almost daily.

No comments: