09 10

grey

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend Recap

This weekend was full of fun activities and it was so refreshing. I know this weekend isn't just about a three day weekend, lots of sun, and cookouts. It's a time to reflect on those who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. This makes me realize how blessed I am to live in the United States of America and I get to enjoy things like cookouts, the lake, and spending too many hours out in the sun. Because we are free we get to enjoy all the precious moments of life, we get to wake up every morning without worrying about our safety, and for that I am extremely grateful. 

On Saturday morning I went with my friend Kristin to the Vintage Lynchburg Spring Market. This is an event where all local creatives come together to sell their amazing crafts, jewelry, food, and home decor. It's like Etsy but local. This event always makes me realize how much talent is in Lynchburg!



After a little shopping, Joe and I went Strawberry picking at Yoders' Farm. I've had strawberry cobbler on my mind :)


Sunday consisted of church, a day at Ivy Lake, and then a cookout with friends.


Joe made a delicious breakfast Monday morning and I worked on the presentation of our pancakes, haha.


Followed by a lot of beach volleyball and another cookout.


So here's to the Summer of 2014. It's my favorite time of year!!

No comments: