09 10

grey

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Nursery Mood Board

Time is flying by and nursery plans are underway. I created a mood board because 1. I’m a visual person and I like to see it in front of me and 2. If everything goes accordingly with our home inspection next week, we will be closing at the end of June and I don’t want to forget all the details that are buzzing around in my head. So here are the plans:


1. Edgecomb Gray by Benjamin Moore – this will be the wall color. It’s a very light gray (lighter than the swatch above) and will go with everything.
2. Shades of pinks and purples will be the occurring theme of the room.
3. Gold will be the accent color.
4. Jenny Lind Crib – my parents have been generous enough to give us the crib and mattress as our gift. It arrived yesterday and of course I had to sneak a peek. Obsessed.
5. Pom-Pom Curtains – these curtains give a whimsical vibe and I love it. Yes, I know they are sheer but I plan to add a bamboo blind to block out sunlight.
6. Pink and Purple Tassel Garland – another whimsical element to the nursery and it’s already ordered!
7. Accent Pillows – I’m loving these two specifically: they are from Land of Nod and Etsy.
8. White Fur Rug – the nursery has wood floors, so this is a perfect addition.
9. Glider – every nursery needs a nice glider (or so I’m told) and I’ve heard great things about this one.
10. Fun Stuffed Animals – They are from Smitten for the Wee Generation and Pier 1.
11. Glass Canister – I’m obsessed with these canisters, they are all over my kitchen. One will be perfect to hold headbands and hair bows.
12. ‘World Changer’ Print - designed by my talented friend Kathleen from Leen Jean Studios.
13. Woven Basket – perfect for holding blankets and stuffed animals.
14. Wire Baskets – for the changing table to hold all the necessities.

I can't wait to see all of this put together!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to see your new house! :0)