09 10

grey

Thursday, July 31, 2014

26 years...young

My birthday is my favorite holiday, haha. So yesterday was a good day. I used birthday money to get these fabulous West Elm curtains. We haven't had real curtains in our bedroom, ever, so I love that it's finally getting attention. Now I'm on the hunt for a 2nd nightstand because we actually have the space to fit a 2nd nightstand. 

And yes, our dogs do occasionally sleep in the bed with us. Oops.

I came to work and even Google knew it was my birthday:


My sister in law made me a cake :) I had no idea, so it was a great surprise to come home to!


After dinner out, we ended the night on our patio with a movie. It felt like a fall night!


Below is 26 things about me. A blog that I follow did this on their 28th birthday and I loved it! So enjoy 26 things about me:
  • I fell out of a tree and broke my wrist when I was 6.
  • I was an only child for almost 9 years.
  • I graduated high school on June 12th 2006 and got married on June 24th 2006.
  • I’m a very neat person. I like everything to be clean. Put nesting on top of this, yeaaaa.
  • If I start a project I have to finish it in the same day or it kills me.
  • I always pour a little bit of milk in with my mug of ice cream.
  • The thought of cutting my hair short terrifies me.
  • Bedtime is one of my favorite parts of the day.
  • I don’t like to cook but I love to bake.
  • My morning makeup routine consists of 4 things: BB cream, eyeliner, mascara, and a little bit of eye shadow. It takes me 15 minutes to get ready.
  • Give me pretty flowers any day of the week and I’m a happy girl.
  • Decorating our home and finding the perfect decor is a passion.
  • I never knew my love for all things wedding existed until after I graduated college and actually got a job doing that.
  • I love to entertain.
  • I wish I loved tomatoes but I don’t.
  • Maroon 5 is my absolute favorite and sometimes I pretend Adam’s singing to me. Joseph knows this, haha.
  • Summer is my favorite season – July is my favorite month!
  • I love to travel to new places.
  • I am not a morning person.
  • Since becoming pregnant I prefer iced coffee over hot.
  • My family comes from two very small Islands in the Chesapeake Bay: Tangier, VA and Smith Island, MD.
  • If Target was the only store that existed I would be perfectly okay with that.
  • I started dating the hubs when I was 13, don’t tell Harlow that.
  • My biggest pet peeve = feet draggers. Pick up your feet!
  • The beach is my favorite place; it’s very calming to me.
  • I crack my knuckles a lot.
Cheers to 26!


2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy {late} Birthday Ashley! Love the curtains!! {Can't wait for more house pics!} :0)

Ashley Eskridge said...

Thanks Susan! More house pictures to come soon! :)