09 10

grey

Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween

Can I just say how fun it is having a kid during the holidays. I can only imagine how exciting it will be once Harlow is walking and talking. 

We celebrated Harlow's 1st Halloween this weekend. Isn't she the cutest Minnie Mouse you ever did see?


Once I found her costume I knew we had to have a family theme, after all it was her 1st Halloween. Our costumes were super cheap, most of it we already owned, and Harlow's was on clearance at Target because I found it two days before Halloween. I got the rest of our costume at Michaels: the red bow for my hair, black felt for our mouse ears, and I found the red tulle skirt at Walmart. The red bow didn't have polka dots, so I used a white stamp pad and a round eraser to make them.  For Minnie's ears, I hot glued the black felt and bow to a black headband and for Mickey I used safety pins and beanie. I bought a square of the super thick felt which helped the ears to stay up, and they did the entire night. 


I still can't believe I convinced Joseph to be Mickey.


Obviously we didn't take Harlow trick or treating, so we dressed up and handed out candy at our house. We changed our outside lights to orange and lined our walkway with orange string lights. The kids kept saying "I love your lights!" We didn't have trick or treaters in our previous neighborhood due to living in an older community. So it was fun experiencing a true Halloween.


Joseph did a great job carving our pumpkin, he did this last minute. 


Hope everyone had a great Halloween! I can't believe it's already November, it's time to start Christmas shopping!

No comments: