09 10

grey

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

23 Weeks

I can't believe this is my 1st bumpdate but better late than never. 

Christmas day.

23 weeks with Harlow and 23 weeks with baby boy on Tangier Beach.

How far along: 23 weeks
Gender: Boy. We were both SO shocked. My pregnancy has been EXACT to Harlow's, so we both expected another girl. So much for a "mother's intuition"-- I thought Harlow was a boy and baby boy was a girl. Ha.
Weight gain: I weighed myself at 22 weeks and had only gained 3 lbs. I weighed myself at 23 weeks and had gained 9. That right, I gained 6 lbs. over Christmas :| My bump was noticeable sooo much sooner this time around. I had a legit bump at 12 weeks. My bump popped closer to 20 weeks with Harlow.
Maternity clothes: Living in yoga pants, leggings, and swing dresses from old navy -- so no need for maternity clothes.
Stretch marks: Just the few from my last pregnancy. 
Belly button in or out: In, my belly button never fully popped with Harlow.
Sleep: Sleeping good, I usually wake up 1x. I just got a huge pregnancy pillow and it's truly life changing. I can also nap at the drop of a hat. 
Best moment of the week: Spending Harlow's 2nd Christmas on Tangier with our family. Also getting baby boy's 1st pair of little moccasins and the tiniest slouchy beanie in the mail.
Miss anything: Being able to sleep on my stomach. Being able to go, go, go without feeling completely exhausted. 
Movement: Yes, so much. I didn't think I'd ever have another child as active as Harlow but he is. I started feeling flutters at 13 weeks and Joe felt him move at 18 weeks.
Cravings: I haven't had huge cravings (I didn't with Harlow. I'm a weird preggo). But I'd say: Lucky Charms and a bacon egg and cheese biscuit from McDonalds is where it's at.
Queasy or Sick: I was so sick from 6-15ish weeks. It was actually the morning sickness that clued me in I could be pregnant. I took a pregnancy test before the sickness started but it was negative. Two weeks later I started feeling super nauseous so I took another. And sure enough it turned + within seconds. I had all day nausea with Harlow up until 14 weeks but thankfully only threw up a few times. Especially where I was working full time during her whole pregnancy. Baby boy had me throwing up a lot more, so glad that passed.
Looking forward to: A 3-day weekend. Slowly preparing the nursery. Oh and hopefully soon deciding on a name, we are down to two!


I will get better at posting weekly or lets be honest, every other week. I've loved looking back at Harlow's weekly updates to see what's the same and what's slightly different, so that's good motivation. 

No comments: